Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Diary of a wannabe Kate fan

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 94 20:59:44 EDT
Subject: Re: Diary of a wannabe Kate fan
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Tori Amos..Peter Gabriel..

> >1. WUTHERING HEIGHTS.  Seen it before, a long, long time ago when

<good rundown of songs/videos deleted>

> >14. THE SENSUAL WORLD.  A first time hearing and I *love* this song
> >15. LOVE & ANGER.  Try as I might, I couldn't sit still to this.
> >16. THIS WOMAN'S WORK.  What can I say about this?  It's a good job

Am I the only one who did a double-take?  I guess I haven't been
reading carefully enough. When was The Whole Story re-released
with these videos added??

I think I really like this mellow gaffa...this gaffa where people don't
automatically flame a Tori Amos flame, someone who calls MoP "sentimental
slop" and someone who asks what "gaffa" is.  It's a quiet gaffa, but
mellow.  Of course, I had to delete my own responses to the first two.
It's none of my business if people won't even give Tori a try or who
think a homage to Kate's dead friends and relatives is slop.  Gaffa? It's
a word Kate made up.

Vickie (mellowing out a *little* bit)