Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

yet another wannabee KaTe KollaboraTor

From: faster than a rolling o <woj@romulus.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 07:10:52 -0400
Subject: yet another wannabee KaTe KollaboraTor
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

i was cleaning up my desk last night and came across a 'zine called
"the nook and the cranny," which i had completely forgotten getting.
the reason i picked up this particular issue of that particular zine
was that it featured an interview with mark burgess, one time frontman
for one of my favorite bands of all time, the chameleons. like i said,
i was cleaning up my desk so i read through the zine so i could
transfer it from the desktop to the miscellaneous music files. one
section of this interview should be of interest to KaTefans (tm):

-----

n&c: if you could record with any musical artist of your choice, who
would it be?

mb: (immediately) KaTe bush.

n&c: why would you choose KaTe bush?

mb: i think she's the most original, creative artist this country's
ever produced.

n&c: have you ever met her or spoken to her about the possibility of
recording something with her?

mb: no. but it's one thing that i'd really love to do. with the band,
i wrote a song called "halo"--that song was written for KaTe bush, but
i've never been able to get a copy to her. i'm quite hopeful that
within the next couple months i'll be able to get a copy to her.

n&c: i think she'd be honored! i'd love to hear a duet!

mb: oh, my--so would i!

-----

who woulda thunk it?

woj