Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: kate rate

From: jk17669@nyssa.swt.edu (Give me Theatre or give me Death!)
Date: 3 Oct 1994 05:04:06 GMT
Subject: re: kate rate
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

  Well, my list goes something like:

  1. Hounds of Love/The Ninth Wave--First Kate album I ever listened to, and
 	one never forgets their first. ;) In my Movement I class, I did a
	dance piece with "Big Sky," and it remains my favorite tune for
 	cheering my friends up. If I ever get around to making the film I
	want to do, "Waking the Witch" is going to be in the trailer. ;)

  2. Sensual World-- I bought this album just as I was beginning my courtship
		  with my (now ex) girlfriend, and it remains nostalgia for
		  me. I can't get enough of "Love and Anger," and "This Woman's
		  Work" sends me into tears every time I hear it.

  3. The B-sides compilation--I've only heard it once, but I absolutely
		 adored it.

  4. The Dreaming-- Ohhhhhhh, buddy! This album has served as background
		    music for a variety of things, and has been the
		    inspiration for a short story or two. I even made up
		    a video for "The Dreaming" a while back.

  5. The Red Shoes--Another therapy album. The more I listen to this album,
		    the better it gets ("the more I think about sex, the
		    better..." wait a sec, that's Lionheart ;) )....

  6. The Kick Inside--An album whose songs conjure up all manner of mental
		    images. However, I just can't seem to dig the style
		    of this early album.

  7 Lionheart--only occasionally pulled from the CD file, though for some
	       reason I love "Peter Pan" the most....especially the Chorus..

  Top ten songs? Hmmmmm....

    1) Big Sky             5) Love and Anger
    2) Jig of Life	   6) Moments of Pleasure
    3) Red Shoes           7) Rubberband Girl
    4) Wake the Witch	   8) Dream of Sheep

    9) The Dreaming        10) This Woman's Work

				Athas Agat!

James Robson Na Gunn                           Southwest Texas State University
Theatre Major--Teacher Cert.		       San Marcos, Texas USA
			 JK17669@academia.swt.edu
 	         Scottish by the grace of really good timing.