Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A really lateKaterate

From: tshenkel@billings.lib.mt.us (Parmly Billings Lib)
Date: 29 Sep 1994 05:14:47 GMT
Subject: A really lateKaterate
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I go away for a week or 2 and I miss all the fun. :-p
Oh well, here goes:

1) The Dreaming.
The most really good songs. Even twin clunkers "All the Love" and
"Houdini" couldn't mess this one up.

1 1/2) The Whole Story.
My first Kate album. Worth its price for the new vox "Wuthering" and Exp. IV".

2) Hounds of love
Ninth Wave! Ninth Wave! Ninth Wave!...oh, and a few other nifty songs too.

2 1/2) Aspects of the Sensual world
Ah, if only the main album was as good as these few tracks. Sigh.

3) Never for Ever
I love the depth and scope of texture on this one. You could tell she was
gearing up for TD.

4) The Kick inside
I bet every artist wishes they could do this good on their debut. I bet
every teenager wishes they could be this creative.

5) The Sensual World
Not everything I hoped it would be. Too much Trio B. if you ask me. Still
a great album. Better than what followed.

6) The red shoes.
Sigh. Oh, it's still a good album, but I had such high hopes. Oh, and by
the way I loathe "Moments of Pleasure"!

83) Lionheart
Ick. I've only been able to sit through it about 5-6 times. It's clanky,
clunky, and screechy, and not in a good way either. Talk about sophomore
slump. Yikes.

Great songs                            Songs I could have done without
                (no special order)
-----------                            -------------------------------
Lily                                   Moments of Pleasure
Love & Anger                           And So is love
Sensual world                          Blow away
Wuthering heights (nu vox)             All the love
Violin                                 Houdini
Ken                                    Running up that hill (live)
Under Ice                              [the version of which I speak here
Wake the witch                         is off of the Secret Policeman's
Experiment IV                          Third Ball. I don't know if it's
Leave it open                          Kate being nervous, or the
Get out of my house                    acoustics being lousy so she can't
The Dreaming                           hear herself, or a bad day, or
Night of the Swallow                   what, but Lordy! does she go sharp!
Sat In your Lap                        It's painful to listen to!]

--Tshen
Qodaxti Institute, 87th stratum