Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Soundgarden or Pearl Jam?

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 94 12:07:00 EST
Subject: RE: Soundgarden or Pearl Jam?
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 22 TEXT

Date: Wednesday, 28 September 1994 5:58PM
John White wrote:

] If anybody had a choice between buying Soundgarden's "Superunknown"
] or Pearl Jam's "Ten", which one would you wanna buy?

 Whichever one sounded better after I'd listened to both CDs all
 the way through at my favourite music shop.  Take a long lunch
 break and check them both out.  I've had bad experiences buying
 albums before doing this (would it be giving too much away to
 say that 'The Knack' was one of these?)

TSB, Adelaide Australia
'If we look at the compressed history of the United States we see that
 backlashes have surfaced with striking frequency and intensity - and they
 have evolved their most subtle means of persuasion. In a nation where
 class distinctions are weak, or at least submerged, maybe it's little
 wonder that gender status is more highly prized and hotly defended."
 - Susan Faludi, Backlash - The Undeclared War Against Women.