Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News System Admin <news@mdis.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 12:10:25 GMT
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa@mdis.com

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: clive@uk.mdis.com (Clive Backham)
Subject: Re: Trivial, but cool
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 1994 12:10:21 GMT
Sender: news@mdis.com (News System Admin)

WretchAwry (vickie@pilot.njin.net) wrote:
: I broke my headphones and it's been wonderful! :)  I got the cord
: caught under the chair and something went very weird.  The lead
: vocals of whatever I'm listening to almost completely disappear,
: and so everything is practically an instrumental, except that
: some of the way background and hidden sounds, and some vocal
: overdubs are right *there*.

  [ more crazy and (practically) impossible stuff deleted ]

So, you've joined the ranks of the trollers, eh?

There is one thing that strikes me as just about possible (albeit
*extremely* unlikely): Somehow the wires inside your headphones got
tangled up in such a way that you're now only hearing those parts
of the recording which are out of phase.

: Vickie (who has to decide between getting new headphones and keeping
: these so I can hear all the details again, or letting Chris fix 'em)

Or perhaps to stop smoking that wacky baccy :-)

Clive Backham
McDonnell Information Systems, Hemel Hempstead, UK
email: cbackham@uk.mdis.com