Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Only one Kate album to own

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 10:55:46 GMT
Subject: Re: Only one Kate album to own
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cc.rochester.edu

In <00654.2863075307.2348@opcode.com> jon@opcode.com (Jon Drukman) writes:

>Only one Kate album to own

>Drewcifer writes:
>>TD is incredible and rich and powerful and a cornucopia of ideas, both
>>musical and lyrical.  The trouble is that it's also very abrasive in
>places;

>That's a PROBLEM!?!?!?!?!

>Wow, learn something new every day.

It can be, for me...being a vocalist, I tend to really like music I can sing
with.  I know that sounds corny, but it's not as if I *just* sing along...I
use such things as a vehicle for improvised harmony and effects.  The
"screechy" parts of TD are often too abusive to my vocal cords.

Drewcifer

--
Andrew D. Simchik, as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu, simchik@cs.rochester.edu
| "words weren't made for cowards" -- Happy Rhodes  |  Tree of Schnopia  |