Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The name game (was: It's The Red Shoes)

From: stevew@hal.com (Steve Williams)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 23:40:59 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: The name game (was: It's The Red Shoes)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: williasr@nextwork.rose-hulman.edu (steven williams)

In a recent article, williasr@nextwork.rose-hulman.edu, wrote:

 > I normally just lurk here (though someone else with my name
 > posts on occasion).               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That would probably be me, Steve (Stephen) Williams, of Austin,
Texas.  You're dead on about the "on occasion".  My average over
the past 7-8 years has been about 2-3 postings per year, if that.
You classify yourself as a lurker; I guess I'm simply a...  slacker.

 > Since, as was mentioned, The Red Shoes, is about a year old, I
 > thought this would be a good time to give my own impressions of the album.

   [... some good analysis omitted...]

 > It is nice to be able to buy an album, and not have any expectations, and
 > still know it will be a good album, just because it has Kate Bush written
 > on it.  [... more omitted...]

You've put it more clearly and simply than anyone else for some
time.  For those of us who've followed KaTe's music for five or
ten or fifteen years, that's been part of what has held our
attention -- with each release we never quite knew what to expect
except something different and wondrous.

 > Thanks for your time,
 > steven williams

What he said,
Steve Williams                      HaL Software Systems
stevew@halsoft.com                  3006A Longhorn Blvd
(512)834-9962 x5185                 Austin, Texas 78758
Fax: (512)834-9962                  http://www.hal.com/%7Estevew/