Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More thoughts on TLTCTC..

From: Mary Helen Sowell <mhs3c@darwin.clas.virginia.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 16:04:58 GMT
Subject: More thoughts on TLTCTC..
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@murdoch.acc.virginia.edu

It was beautiful.  Abosolutely a dazzling visual experience.  I
don't think Kate intended for it to be so much a straight
narrative as a ninth wave in film, i.e. images related by a
common theme or story. I also think due to its phantasmagoric
nature much of the acting was purposefully melodramatic for
effect.  I think Kate would actually make a good actress if she
was being 100% serious, but this is a fairy tale and is
supposed to have and element of exaggeration.  Ah, well, just
my $0.02.

Mary-Helen

"It's really happening to ya" --the only line Lindsay Kemp had
to memorize