Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Will the *real* dork please stand up?

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 94 16:56:00 EST
Subject: RE: Will the *real* dork please stand up?
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 87 TEXT

Date: Friday, 9 September 1994 8:00PM
Vickie wrote:

]Ok, wanna talk about *real* dorks now...

]> From: an126084@anon.penet.fi

]This hasn't been flamed yet, and I'm very proud that no one has
]risen to his flame bait.  I don't have anything to say about
]his obvious dickheadedness, but I do want to say one thing.

]This creep used a decent, reliable, anonymous service to hide
]behind, and I protest.  This is happening all over the net,
]where cowards are using anon.penet.fi to post inflammatory
]flamage, and it's unfortunately giving the anon service a
]bad name.  I'm putting out a plea for anyone who might, to not
]blame the anon service for the pea-brains of the world.

 I think you all may be interested to see this from soc.culture.british:

In article <CvMLH0.Eu@exnet.com> s0lg@exnet.com (L Godfrey) writes:
>From: s0lg@exnet.com (L Godfrey)
>Subject: Re:      Re: Larry's Legal Problems
>Date: Sun, 4 Sep 1994 22:07:44 GMT

>an126108@anon.penet.fi writes:
>>
>> FILE: 3ARB     NETPOST  A1     VM/ESA Conversational Monitor System
    PAGE 00001

>>Date: Sun, 4 Sep 1994 15:25:41 EDT
>>From: Bosch <3ARB@QUCDN.QueensU.CA>
>>Subject: Re: Larry's Legal Problems

>>>It is you, not I, who has legal problems!
>>>
>>>Laurence
>>
>> Really Larry, threatening the anonymous; have you no shame!:)The parking
>> ticket (my only legal problem of late) was paid months ago! In any case,
>> since when is using idiom a crime?

>Thanks, that enables me to tie up a few more anonymous postings.

>Laurence

 Looks like the good old anon service just reached its use-by date.
 Our good friend Laurence Godfrey has apparently got his hands on something
 which can provide details of the sender's account and organisation.
 I must say I'd like to know who's behind the an126084 mask.
 Just a friendly warning for any other dickheads out there.

"The Listener"

 P.S. Sorry if the lines are over-length, but my screen is > 80 chars.

"Now stop your noses, Readers, all and some,
 for here's a Tun of Mignight work to come"  -  John Dryden