Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Knights Templar (KT) reference in Kate Bush FAQ -- Teutonic!!!

From: marek@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Marek Lugowski)
Date: 13 Sep 1994 13:12:05 GMT
Subject: Re: Knights Templar (KT) reference in Kate Bush FAQ -- Teutonic!!!
To: rec-music-gaffa@relay1.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

		Forward, Jonathan <JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au>:

>Date: Monday, 12 September 1994 7:09PM
>Marek wrote:
>
>]On a similar subject of saying something nice about someone who should
>]not be so distinguished, you imply having something nice on Richard
>]III the Lionhearted, is that correct?
>
> Uh - that's Richard I, the Lionhearted.
>
> "Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by this sun
>  of York, and all the clouds which lower'd upon our house are in the deep
>  bosom of the ocean buried."  (or words to that effect)
>
> That's Richard III.

Argh!!!  I wish these kings would be more original in name selection.
It's hard to keep them apart centuries later!!  Talk about being
inconsiderate.

Oh well.  My bad again.  But it was only a typo, officer, I swear.

I did mean Richard Uno.  Subsequently I consulted my extensive historical
holdings, namely pages 97 thorugh 98, and it turns out that Tres was
pretty rotten too, though maybe not as rotten as Shakespeare painted.

Ha.  My point remains -- any "nice" lowdown on Richard I or the
Teutonic Knights, please, if we could.  Considering that "Lionheart"
is a "k8"-significant :) string, I am rebuffing any take-this-thread-to-
sci.history motion in advance.

We owe it to Kate Bush Studies to construe a hermeneutically sound
interpretive matrix for the precious "Oh, England, my Lionheart"...

Thank you Jonathan.

				-- Marek