Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TCTCTL showing

From: llovich@aol.com (Llovich)
Date: 12 Sep 1994 11:33:02 -0400
Subject: Re: TCTCTL showing
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@aol.net

In article <9409120404.AA23043@medinah.atc.ucarb.com>,
jim@medinah.atc.ucarb.com writes:

>I am extremely glad I was able to see Kate's film. It gives me a whole
>other view of the red shoe.

I went to the Saturday 5 p.m. showing way out there in West Virginia. It
was great to see the film on a (relatively) large screen and in full
stereo -- all those videos finally make sense (well, sort of) when put
side by side. However, I thought the "Lily" segment was supposed to be so
wonderful, yet I found it the least interesting in the whole film. But
then again, I loved the "MoP" piece which probably everyone else hated.

The IGG store seemed fairly overwhelmed by all the attention. But they did
unload the Frutopia after the showing (but I didn't get to see the
commercials on the big screen, which I was hoping for). Also, IGG had
those Love Hounds "Dreaming" t-shirts were for sale.  I didn't buy one --
I'm still torn on the profit v. non-profit discussion on this -- but they
were VERY cool.

The crowd for the film, btw, seemed much more SEDATE than I was expecting.
I admit I wasn't expecting OUTRAGEOUS, but still...

Anyway, I still think IGG -- whatever their faults -- deserve a big hand
for pulling the event together.

Vanceman