Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Kate, Tori, & Happy's FUNNY CARS!

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 94 14:16:51 PDT
Subject: SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Kate, Tori, & Happy's FUNNY CARS!
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Lotsa space (TOO MUCH space) has been taken up both here and in RDT in
the eternal Kate vs. Tori wars, that not enough space has been taken
for the REAL purpose of this group:

Making fun of the Happy Rhodes fans (AKA Equiposers).

Now, it seems Happy wrote a song for her 'net fans.  In her liner notes,
Tori thanks Richard & Missy, (OK, so it's for RDT: The fanzine, but they both
are heavy participants in RDT: The Mailing List, too).  Tori's tour book
is done by her friend Rantz, who's very active on AOL, mostly fending off
questions from folks who give AOL their reputation ("No, Tori did NOT
secretly marry Michael Jackson!")

Yes, Kate has aknowledged us (proof:  Look at the back of the Official
Love-Hounds T-shirt, plug plug), but am I the only one who gets the impression
that she thinks of fans as something that's insignificant at best and an
annoyance at worst?

Also, two more Tori vs. Kate thingies:

Thing One:

I can picture it, 10 years from now, after Tori released 5 albums,
and Kate released 2, some new music critic will be reviewing Kate's
album after the next one and say "Who IS this woman?  She seems like
she's trying to be a Tori clone!"  This really scares me.  I always
put Kate's lack of popularity in this country due to the fact that
we're, let's face it, idiots.  The fact that Tori is becoming staggeringly
popular shows that there's hope.  We CAN get Kate to become popular
here now more than ever!  (If I only knew HOW...)

Thing Two:

I've read a lot of interviews with Tori and a lot of interviews with
Kate.  I've come to the conclusion (actually, I came to this conclusion
long before I ever even HEARD of Tori) that you only ever need to read
one interview with Kate on any given album.  Interviewers inevitably
ask the same questions, and she'll inevitably answer the same way.  And
the rare interviewer who DOES throw a different question at her, she'll
get all flustered and sound, well, like a dork.  (Not that I blame her-
dorky interviewers make for dorky interviews - see the Nightflight
unedited interview to see what I'm talking about).  (I came to thinking
about this when I read the latest Tori interview in Spin - one of the
best interviews I've seen of her yet - and then a small bit in the
latest Spy showing Jim "The Mask" Carrey using the exact same anicdote
in different interviews).

- Stev0 the Professional Channel Surfer

"What did I say?" - Ray Charles