Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Red Shoes: Year 2

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 94 14:38:39 PDT
Subject: The Red Shoes: Year 2
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Well, The Red Shoes is almost a year old now, so here's some reflections
after being able to digest it for a year:

When it first came out I said it was better than The Sensual World.
I changed my mind.  Sure, the high points are higher than those of TSW,
but it is not nearly as consistant an album.  Also, the lows on TSW
aren't nearly as low as those on TRS.

Also, seeing as how the Gershwin tribute album is coming out Any Day Now,
it's time to trot out that tired old idea of The Kate Tribute Album.
This time, I'm sticking strictly with TRS:

Rubberband Girl - The Artist Who Doesn't Call Himself Prince Anymore Even
                  Though Everyone Else Does
And So is Love - Morrissey
Eat The Music - Paul Simon
Moments Of Pleasure - Tori Amos
Song of Solomon - Sinead O'Connor
Lily - Peter Gabriel
The Red Shoes - Steeleye Span
Top of the City - U2
Constellation of the Heart - George Clinton
Big Stripey Lie - David Byrne
Why Should I Love You? - Lionel Richie
You're the One - Procol Harem

The odd thing is, I can VERY easily see each of those musicians do those
songs...

Stev0 the tributary

"Snuggles the dog?" - Casey Casem