Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re(3): Hammersmith video/cd

From: aneal@cix.compulink.co.uk (Adrian Neal)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 94 02:22 BST-1
Subject: Re(3): Hammersmith video/cd
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: aneal@cix.compulink.co.uk

>this is confusing! You live in a place called Boston in England...
>mentioned in the same message as Cambridge (England), but in the
>context, lots of North Americans might think the discussion was
>about Boston, Massachusetts and its suburb Cambridge (where MIT
>and Harvard are). eeek.

Sorry for that, and after I earlier made the same point in reverse.

>Our Price was owned by WH Smith last I knew, but this may not be
>true any more and besides, I imagine even an Our Price store is
>better than the music corner of an ordinary WH Smith. My condolences :-).

Thank you, I feel I need it.

>oh yes, the ISO code for your currency is GBP, not UKP.

I have used ukp often and no-one else has queried it. The problem being is
that there isn't actually anywhere called Great Britian for the GB intials
to relate to. IFAIR Great Britian refers to England, Scotland and Wales.
These three do not form a legal entity in themselves (yet). I live in the
Unitied Kingdom which is England, Scotland, Wales *and Northern Ireland*.

Adrian