Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: M.R. James and Kate Bush

From: s0pdfm@assam.exnet.com (P D Fitzgerald-Morris)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 1994 22:48:35 GMT
Subject: Re: M.R. James and Kate Bush
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <33tcch$hng@spruce.cic.net> kpd000@colum.edu (Keith DeWeese x422) writes:
>Perhaps this subject has already been covered--forgive me, I'm new to
>posting--but I'm interested in getting feedback from Lionhearts regarding
>the seeming influence of M.R. James' "Casting the Runes" on TLTCTC.
>Miranda Richardson's line, "Here, take it, as a gift, for your kindness,"
>or something like that, seems to indicate another Bush journey into NIGHT
The answer to this is that "Night of the Demon" is one of Kate's all-time
favourite films. Its influences have already touched "Hounds of Love",
and TLTCTC owes as much to "Night of the Demon" as it does to Hans Christian
Anderson and Michael Powell!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
H  Peter FitzGerald-Morris       H     H   GGGGGGG     "Have       H
H  direct from                   H     H   G            the walls  H
H  HOMEGROUND TOWERS             HHHHHHH   G    GG      got        H
H  now via                       H     H   G     G      ears       H
H  s0pdfm@exnet.co.uk            H     H   GGGGGGG      here...?"  H
H                                                                  H
H         HOMEGROUND - THE INTERNATIONAL KATE BUSH FANZINE         H
H            PO Box 176 Orpington BR5 3NA Kent England             H
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH