Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Those hairy bears...

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 94 11:39:02 PDT
Subject: Those hairy bears...
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia) sez:

>I think it's some sort of sarcasm...not claiming that Reagan *is* Godhead,
>but perhaps that he is perceived that way.

>Plus they're playing roles, of course...their characters in the song can be
>as conservative as they like.  Or as confusing ("Is the Bible fiction? / Is
>true love a contradiction?").

That's why the line confuses me.  Obviously, the Pope *IS* Catholic and
Luxemburg *IS* small (and, yes, The Bible *IS* fiction).

But, even though the characters they're playing are rather dim-witted, even
dim-witted folks realize that True Love *IS* a contradiction.  Only THE
most feeble-minded of folks would not realize Reagan is just a senile evil
git (which, unfortunately, includes most of AmeriKa).

- Stev0 goes fourth

"War is peace
 Freedom is slavery
 Ketchup is a vegetable" - Ronnie Raygun