Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Various

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 1994 09:53:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Various
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

RE: Reagan being Godhead, I wonder if there wasn't something going on the
week that the Do Bears bit was filmed . . . such as Reagan was tweaked in
the press for thinking the U.S. could dictate to the world or some such.
You all know that comedy shows often pick up on this week's current
events.  Maybe if we knew the date the show was recorded we could check
the newspapers quickly and see if Reagan had somehow irritated the rest
of the world by playing god.

For Graham and anyone else who've gotten hold of the Kate CD-ROM,
I stumbled across a reference in one of the computer magazines for August
about an internet site where you could download MPEG software.
Unfortunately I can't find the bloody magazine again, but if you know
it's out there maybe you can find it.  If I happen upon the address again
I'll post it.

Los Angeles was hot this weekend, and FULL of Frutopia billboards.  I
finally saw a Frutopia ad on broadcast . . . seems Frutopia is sponsoring
"RoboCop, the TV Show.

If people peg shows that Frutopia is sponsoring would you post them so
those of us who want to try and tape them have a hint of where to look?

Karen  kln@crl.com