Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I Liked Fruitopia comm's...

From: Jay Popphan <booker@america.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 1994 13:14:36 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: I Liked Fruitopia comm's...
To: Gerald E Hough <ghough@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
cc: rec-music-gaffa@rodan.uu.net

On Fri, 19 Aug 1994, Gerald E Hough wrote:

> I've been reading the numerous posts about the new set of commercials, and I
> (unlike a lot of people) really like them..  I acknowledge that the
> kaleidoscope effect is a bit ostentatious, but I'm thrilled that KaTe did the
> backup track for it...  Also, it's nice to see a commercial that doesn't have
> people jumping off of monuments, power biking in the Amazon or rollerblading
> at high speeds through the city...  I dunno anyone that is so professionally
> recreative, but I do know people doing nifty things with multimedia-type
> advertising...

I, too, am quite impressed that someone in corporate America has realized
the talents of Kate and the power of her music.  I did like the music
before I found out that Kate had written it, but I like it even more now
and am impressed with the new ranges that she is experimenting with.  I
hope that this means that more of her music will be heard in the fututre,
both in TV ads and on radio.

Jay Popphan
booker@america.net
Atlanta, GA