Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Garage Banned

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 94 13:17:51 PDT
Subject: Garage Banned
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

THE OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE <METH@delphi.com> pleads:

>Steve0, nix the idea to have IG or C-Side sell the shirts for us.  They're
>Love-Hounds shirts, therefore Love-Hounds should make and distribute them.
>I know enough people around here who have had enough bad experiences with
>both IG and C-Side that I really don't think any association with them would
>go over too well.  Just my $0.02 (now let's see if IG threatens to sue me
>again for saying something like this on the public board... it's happened
>before!).

Um, too late.  I gave IG the address of the guy who made the shirts.  Whether
or not he goes ahead and actually does anything, I don't know; except for
giving him the phone number & address, I have no part in this.

I did not do this hastily - I asked the opinions of a few people who've
flamed IG and/or C-side in the past; the common opinion seemed to be: yeah,
they're scum, but there IS a demand for more shirts (probably a LOT more
once school starts again and/or the Compuserve folks discover us), yet
NOT A SINGLE LOVEHOUND came foreward to do up more shirts!  (OK, *ONE* did,
which gave me the idea in the first place, but had to back down for some
very good reasons).  I thought C-side was on The Net, but was wrong.  IG
will (probably) do up more shirts, which is better than none at all.

(The following is to EVERYONE on Lovehounds/rec.music.gaffa):

Don't want IG to profit from us?  Fine; there are several courses of action
you can take:

o  You can STILL make up some more of "my" award-winning Official Lovehounds
   shirts!  Email me how!
o  You can make your own design.  No one's stopping you.
o  Just don't buy 'em from IG if you don't like the price!
o  Or you can say "To hell with it" and buy one from 'em.
o  If you don't do any of the above, you have no right to bitch.

- Stev0 the Intergalactic

"There is nothing quite as wonderful as money,
 There is nothing quite as beautiful as cash..."  - Bill Gates