Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The New Davy Spillane Album

From: gtp10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks)
Date: 18 Aug 1994 12:46:37 GMT
Subject: The New Davy Spillane Album
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
content-length: 762
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, the new Davy Spillane album (entitled "A Place Ammong The Stones")
is out (in the UK at least), and, as has already been rumoured here, the
cover of "Sexual Healing" with KaTe on lead vocals, which was played at
the Konvention, has been left off.

To be honest I feel that song would have been rather out of place, given
the nature of the album as released. It is mostly instrumental (7 tracks
out of 10) and musically is a sort of Celtic folk/new age/jazz/AOR melange.
All the tracks are written or cowritten by DS. The guest vocalists on
the three songs are Maire Brennan (of Clannad), who cowrote the (title)
track, Steve Winwood and Sean Tyrrell (whoever he is).

I wonder what will happen to the recording of "Sexual Healing" now.

Geoff Parks