Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

FTP-server

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 00:24:00 +0200
Subject: FTP-server
To: dyer_pd@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Phil reports problems:
> Is anybody else having trouble FTPmailing to the gaffa/kb site.Whenever I
> try I get the error message ' host `ftp.uu.net' is not registered with the
> DNS'.Aaarghh.I haven't had any trouble with this before.

Since according to our list maintainer a while ago ftp.uu.net also is quite
reluctant to accept uploads. Maybe we should start looking for a new home
for the gaffa archives? I'm not talking about the list address, I think that's
pretty stable and doesn't cause problems. But the accompagnying ftp server
does. Even though it's one of the largest around. Anyone got an idea?
Should be a well connected machine with lots of space (150 MB right now,
but with a more open archive this might get more).

On the other hand, did you try to use the IP address directly?
It's, if it hadn't been changed, "137.39.1.9".

On the third hand, there's also ftp.uwp.edu which has most of the stuff
that's on ftp.uu.net.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Well, it's not low end like corel draw, but you might want to get
Virtuoso 2.0" - Kris Carroll pointing to something like Corel-Draw on NEXTSTEP