Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: female artists radio show

From: ziggae@netcom.com (Ron Carel)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 00:15:44 GMT
Subject: Re: female artists radio show
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Stacy,
      This is a really vague answer but when I was vacationing a couple
of years ago near Tampa, FL I heard a women's radio show on some small
public radio station on Saturday mornings.  It was not the NPR station
there, but another public station down near your end of the dial.  It
was a form of public radio because they were having a fundraiser at
the time.   Really unusual station in that they played a format with
every kind of music around from progressive rock, blues and jazz.  The
Saturday womens show featured womens music, issues and had an
interview with a pair of folk singing feminists that were playing that
night in Tampa.  If you can contact that station, maybe they could
provide you with some help.  I'm sorry I don't have any more exact
info.  I live in Chicagoland and occasionally listen to NUR but not
frequently because I live in the NW suburbs.  Good luck on your show!

Stacey
Wacknov (staceyw@casbah.acns.nwu.edu) wrote: : Hi y'all...

: Well, it's getting to be schooltime again, which means I have to start
: thinking about being a radio DJ again.  :)  Anyway, I'm thinking of doing an
: all-female artists show this fall, but I need help.

: If ANYONE out there has experience with such a show, or has contacts to good
: labels that can send me promo material (I'm a poor college student, you
: know) or lives in the Chicago area and is affiliated with Northwestern and
: wants to help me host this show (no radio experience required), let me know
: ASAP.  Any and all info will be gratefully accepted.

: Thanks--
: Stacey

: p.s.  For those wanting to know, the show will probably be on Midnight to
: 1:30am on either Fri or Sat night starting the week of 12 Sept.  89.3FM WNUR

: --

: Stacey Wacknov               |   WNUR FREEFORM:  Generally inane radio for
: staceyw@casbah.acns.nwu.edu  | Chicago's late night masses...only on 89.3 FM
--
                                             ziggae@netcom.com