Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Catchup stuff

From: YAMAMOTO Sozo <sozo@crl.mei.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 15:37:34 +0900
Subject: Re: Catchup stuff
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: sozo@crl.mei.co.jp

>        I seem not to have clipped the post, but someone asked about getting
> ahold of the tapetree tracklists and notes in file form.  Tom Estes replied
> correctly that I did them in AmiPro 3.01, using the HP Laserjet printer
> driver.  Because AmiPro is so thoroughly WYSIWYG, the original file will
> print as distributed *only* from AmiPro using that printer.  But I can export
> the data itself (corrected and updated, of course!) in virtually every PC
> format.  Anyone interested, email me and I'll see what I can do for you.

It must be me.
I received the tape with all labels attached to intended places,
so, to make a copy of the tapes, I need to do troublesome
copy-cut-paste work.

Though there may be some difficulties, I think the sheets should be
easily available for every node and leaf, who is ready for making copies
of the tapes.
Without that, there'll be more risk of undesirable circulation.

In another respect, how do you think of copying the tapes for people
outside the internet?
The idea of free software will be hard to understood outside computer
community.  And commercial circulation can happen if the contents of the
tapes flow out of the net, I suppose.
The collection will easily be priced over 5,000yen each in bootleg market.

>        Finally, thanks to Lori Karn and all the others who have begun rolling
> the ball toward the next *truly* compendious Lovehounds Collection.  I can
> assure all that the process of moving heaven and earth to get at master-
> quality tapes of the various missing links has already begun.  I for one
> won't be able to *stand* it until I have my own clean copy of the "Them Heavy
> People" that Kate did for Japanese television (on a program Andy thinks was
> called something like "`S' is for Stereo").  Imagine Kate on the late great
> "Solid Gold," doing the song dancing in unison with two of the Solid Gold
> Dancers, in a blubbling uptime.  A true must-have.

Thinking this must be the way for repaying the effort of 1994 tapetree
project, I'm trying to get best possible condition copies of Kate's TV
appearances in Japan.
I already own a video with Seiko CF, Tokyo Music Festival(Moving), and
part of "Sound in S"(Them Heavy Peope, Beatles covers).
	[I remember `S' is for Shionogi, the sponsor of the program]
The tape is distributed among Japanese fan club.
After receiving the tapetree video, I wrote a letter asking for better
condition copy.  I've got no response yet.

Please wait for good result (^_^)  (a `smiley' symbol popular in Japan)

 | Central Research Laboratories, Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. |
 +--- sozo@crl.mei.co.jp -- Phone:+81-7749-8-2531 -- FAX:+81-7749-8-2582 --+