Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: tapetree: rapido question

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 1994 16:37:00 +0200
Subject: Re: tapetree: rapido question
To: rickter@world.std.com (Paul C Rickter)
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

About a week ago Paul wrote:
> I have questions about the "rapido" segment of tape b:  The documentation

> includes very little detail about the show.  What is the format of the

> Rapido Show?  When was this video recorded?  Are there any other video

> clips that show KaTe in her studio?

I'll try to answer some of these.

Rapido was broadcast on October 14, 1989. Don't know when it was recorded.
The show also was aired in at least the UK, Holland and France.

Other videos showing Kate in her studio besides Rapido:

- since in the early 80s she didn't have her own studio one could name the
  Abbey Road studios as her studio. Then you'd have the Under The Ivy
  performance and the Sat In Your Lap video.
- Both, the Ferry Aid video for Let It Be and the Spirit Of The Forest video
  for Spirit Of The Forest show Kate in front of a microphone singing her
  verse. Since in both cases she wasn't at the recording session of all the
  other artists chances are high that these scenes are from her own studio.
- the German special 'In Concert' shows Kate studying some live recordings
  and working on them. But this also is from a time where she didn't have
  her own studio.
- the Rhythms of the World thing shows Kate in a studio, but that's probably
  in Bulgaria where Kate recorded with Trio Bulgarka for The Sensual World.

That's all I know.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Well, it's not low end like corel draw, but you might want to get
Virtuoso 2.0" - Kris Carroll pointing to something like Corel-Draw on NEXTSTEP