Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

De Efteling gravestone

From: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@compuserve.com>
Date: 12 Aug 94 15:13:13 EDT
Subject: De Efteling gravestone
To: <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Hi,

I hear the Efteling special is included on the Love-Hounds collection! Now
that's good news - the copy I have isn't all that good.

Anyway, some readers on this list may remember the discussion weeks ago
about the Efteling, and the fact that there would be a gravestone to
commemorate Kate's appearance on the grounds of this park.
Well, I called back to them and got the following information:

"Although a few people still recall the appearance and recording of this
special, nothing is known about a commemorative gravestone. We have to
assume there is none."

So there you have it. The passage in "Kate Bush complete" and "The garden"
should read:

"[April 1978]
[...] Kate makes a 25 minute television special at De Efteling in
Kaatsheuvel, a fairy theme park. She also performs on the VOOR DE VUIST WEG
TV programme."

Just so you know.

Which brings me to the following subject:
Kate's performance on "Voor de vuist weg", her first Dutch TV appearance by
the way ("De Efteling" was screened later) is very rare, it seems. I am
wondering if there is anyone at all on this list who has a video copy of
this appearance. (If so, e-mail me :-)
That is why I contacted the broadcasting company, the Dutch AVRO, to ask if
I could obtain a video from this programme. The Dutch TV keeps archives of
their programmes, although in the 1970's a lot of these programmes have been
erased due to whatever (I don't know). They are really frustrated to have
erased several Jacksons appearances in Dutch TV programmes... I just hope
they didn't erase Kate as well...
Anyway, I will receive an answer from the AVRO in due time. I'll keep you
informed!

(Of course my obtaining of a copy from the AVRO won't allow me to make
copies from that video as you understand it's prohibited... Oh well, we'll
see what happens next year in the 1995 Love-Hounds Collection... ;-)

Finally, I received a CDsingle from "Kate's Project" today. The track is
called "Wuthering Eights", and is a disco/techno adaptation of Kate's debut
single. It's an Australian release as far as I can see, tho it's licensed
from an Italian company. Any Aussies have more info on this CDsingle???

Marcel F G Rijs  /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\  "Conan the librarian"
                 | mfgr@sara.nl |
    Den Haag     \______________/       Netherlands