Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dreams and reality (was Re: Fruitopia)

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 94 10:23 CDT
Subject: Dreams and reality (was Re: Fruitopia)
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>[insert Twilight Zone theme here]
>
>]No whales appeared, or petunias, but I do feel
>]that there is a huge load of improbability to be balanced out. I haven't
>]the faintest idea what the odds are, nor do I really want to. I might
>]do something dumb, like start playing the Lottery.
>
> A lot of people are into dream interpretation - you're the first I've met
> who needs reality interpretation.  No more listening to 'Strange Phenomena'
> for a while, OK?

    It was reality, not a dream. The "other" Chris Williams is a student
at University of Illinois - Chicago, and my account is at the University
of Chicago. The whales and petunias are in referance to Doug Adam's
Hitchhiker's books. But, yeah, sometimes odd things happen to me...it's
to be expected. I'm an odd guy.

   I gave her my e-mail address in case she should get some mail
intended for me. I didn't ask her for her address to avoid giving her
the idea that I was some sort of pervert with the ability to instantly
generate name badges and photo IDs, or had found that she shared the
same name and was stalking her.

   Reality interpretation? Ok. What does it mean? I haven't the faintest
idea.

   I once posted about a dream that I had about my dead father
contacting me, and someone insisted that it was actually reality.
   So is this real event now a dream?

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)

    P.S. I am now back in "Sweet Home Chicago" and will get caught up on
my e-mail and p-mail. Steve-O, the tapes are in the mail, with an extra
tape for the delay. Uli, the tapes are in the mail, huge thanks! It
couldn't have been done without you. Kimmo, I'll try to find out if the
French-languge music video channel "Musique Plus" in Canada ever airs
Mylene interviews. IED, glad to see you back here. I hope nobody is
using an "AOL Bozo" kill-file line. No one should miss out on IED's
insights.