Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Live at Hammersmith Odeon CD + Video

From: nbc@informatics.rutherford.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 1994 14:01:17 +0000
Subject: Live at Hammersmith Odeon CD + Video
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I just received a copy of the Kate Bush Live at Hammersmith Odeon CD
and Video double pack. Seems to be part of a series called Sound and
Vision put out by Picture Music International (presumably part of EMI).

It comes in a slightly larger than usual video box with the CD inserted on
one side and the video on the other. No special booklets or anything else
with the package. It says "not to be sold separately" on the CD.

Track listing seems the same as the previous video release (though I don't
have it to hand to compare). There is no inforamtion as to whether any
remastering or aything has been done for the CD. In fact the amount of
information is shockingly poor.

Both the video case and CD cover have the same picture of Kate kneeling
on one knee. The CD cover booklet has the tack listing on the back and
inside adverts for other S&V releases (Iron Maiden, Joe Cocker etc.).
I have to say most bootleggers could have produced a better looking
package - but this seem to be par for the course as far as Kate release
go. Still EMI know the die hard fans will cough up the cash. Just once
it would be nice if Kate intervened and said "Hey, let's do something
really special for the fans!". Well one can dream I suppose.

Neil
--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: