Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Comic Strip ( and Gen X)

From: i23mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 94 15:07:43 +0200
Subject: The Comic Strip ( and Gen X)
To: love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
content-length: 1144

I saw an episode of The Comic Strip to Swedish television the other day.
It was about the obsceenly big turkey, who got angry when he realised
that he was about to become dinner.
In a romantic scene including a human female and the turkey dancing I
heard KATE singing: Home for Christmas
It was the first time I heard it and I think it's wonderful!
I've got to by the MOP-single It's on that b-side, right?

To Markku Kolkka:

Not only was Generation X Billy Idol's first band, but Tony James played
with Gen X too. The very same Tony that later appeared as a key-member in
Sigue Sigue Sputnik... (some of you may remember their ad-financed
first record)

Mikael Jakonen                                Cool people wear colour-shades
                                     REALLY COOL people wear colour-contacts
i23mikja@ida.his.se                                    Live Long and Prosper

PS I thought The Secret of Monkey Island was fantastic until I played
   Sam and Max Hit the Road