Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kweer Katefans/Kate's Politics

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 1994 12:15:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Kweer Katefans/Kate's Politics
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

In article <9408082345.AA88495@student2.cl.msu.edu>,
dillardb@student.msu.edu (Brian J Dillard) writes:

> and on a _somewhat_ related topic, what do folks think of kate's attitude
> toward feminism? i was rereading _kate bush: a visual documentary_ today (i
> hadn't noticed the first time through how repetitious and somewhat poorly
> organized it is. anybody know of a more comprehensive and better organized
> bio?)

Nope, I think A Visual Documentary is about as good as you'll find....

> my question for british katefans is this: is she just as deliberately
> apolitical (or unaffiliated, i guess i should say) about, say, national
> politics in the u.k.? i can never seem to tell which side of the ireland
> question sinead is on - she seems to hvae changed her mind at some point. does
> kate, with her own irish roots, have any publicly expressed view on this or
> other issues "over there"?

In the VH-1 interview, Kate talks about her view of politics. I guess
you could say she was apolitical. I think she says something along the
lines of:

"I look at politics and I don't like what I see. It's doing things
that makes things happen, isn't it, not talking about them."

(or something like that).

Seems like an eminently sensible opinion to me.
--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK. (+44 31 650 5978)