Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Night on Earth

From: klindman@phoenix.oulu.fi (Kimmo Lindman)
Date: 10 Aug 1994 08:47:44 GMT
Subject: Re: Night on Earth
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Forward, Jonathan (JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au) wrote:

: ] klindman@phoenix.oulu.fi wrote:

: ]Well thank you, I hope you liked the KT-tapes too...

:  Uh - yes I did, very much.  But what about 'Night on Earth'?

Sorry, haven't seen it, but after your description it seems to be a must
for every serious MF-fan. :-)

:  Your quote just reminded me of the last segment in Helsinki,
:  with Matti Pellonpaa as the taxi driver telling Kari Vaananen,
:  Tomi Salmela, and Sakari Kuosmanen (the three drunken factory
:  workers in the back) the dreadful story of his recent life.
:  It's a masterpiece of bleakness, written & drirected by
:  the brilliant Jim Jarmusch, with music by the equally
:  brilliant Tom Waits (anyone seen the clip for 'In the
:  Neighbourhood'? - what a guy).  What has all this to do with
:  KB?  I'm glad you didn't ask.

Speaking of movies, Mylene's first one, called "Giorgino", is to be
released 24th of August in Paris. I'm there...

klindman@phoenix.oulu.fi        "Quand tout est gris, La peine est mon amie
Kimmo Lindman                   Un long suicide acide, Je t'aime melancolie"
University of Oulu, Finland                   - MYLENE FARMER -