Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What is Kate?

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 94 03:58 CDT
Subject: Re: What is Kate?
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>I should hope there will be another Tape Tree 'cuz I'd love to have one,
>The T-shirts are wonderful, and does anyone know when the TLTCTC (or whatever
>the official permutation is) will play anywhere near Minneapolis?  (near being
>defined somewhat loosely, as I've been known to drive to nebraska for just
>a thunderstorm...Kate could get me a little farther...)

   I'm still not home yet, and I'm catching access when I can while
visiting friends. But I just had to point out this one thing...the
purpose behind the tape tree isn't simply to get good quality copies of
this stuff into the hands of the lucky few hundred, but to raise the
general quality of the Kate tapes in circulation. By accecpting a copy,
you have a *personal responsibilty* to make copies for others from yuor
copy, for family, friends, fellow fans and the like. Don't wait for
another tree for this person to get a copy; offer to make them a copy
if at all possible. Think of it as shareware, and this as the
registration. With hundreds of copies of superior quality, the odds of
J. Random Katefan, not on the net, getting a decent copy of some rare
Kate video is vastly improved. Maybe some tapetree node will re-open
at some point in the future, say for Christmas, but don't wait.
Give from the heart, and every day can be Katemas....
...I gotta go.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)