Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush and Magick

From: sarkis@luna.ec.usf.edu (Marianne Sarkis (ANT))
Date: 7 Aug 1994 19:21:52 GMT
Subject: Kate Bush and Magick
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Greetings Kate Fans!
I am so happy to have found this group. Someone just lent me his entire
Bush collection on CD and i am in HEAVEN!!!
Anyways...i have a question...

While i was listening to her Red Shoes album on the song "Lily" (which of
course i heard about ten times in the last 24 hours if not more) she does
a magickal ritual called the LBRP or Lower Banishing RItual of the
Pentagram. It is one of the most beautiful rituals that was ever made and
a very good focusing ritual, and i have never heard any other person do
that ritual on a CD before. Now as i listen to some of the rest of her
stuff, i am noticing more and more and more magickal themes to them and a
lot of metaphysical hints to some of her songs, and some that are quite
magickal. Does anyone have any idea if Bush is currently doing any
magickal workings? and if not, then why did she have those lyrics in her
song?

PS: If anyone would like the LBRP i am willing to forward it via email.

M.
--
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wise people are so full of doubts." --B.Russell