Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A brief history of a female fan

From: jennifer sherry <jsherry@hngorin.mhs.compuserve.com>
Date: 05 Aug 94 10:02:40 EDT
Subject: A brief history of a female fan
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

I can't say I know male KateFans then female KateFans, but I'm
female is a KateFan to the point of obsession.  I've been a
KateFan since 1987, when my boyfriend's roommate (some guy named
Jon Drukman :)) introduced me to her music.  His belief at the
time was 'Kate IS God', I listened to Hounds of Love and The
Ninth Wave, and realized he wasn't crazy after all.  Soon after I
started aquiring Kate Music, first just the albums, then the
singles then the 12 inchs, then it was offical: I WAS OBSESSED!

Some of my friends thought I went too far, especially when I
would blast "Get Out Of My House" when my best friend and her
boyfriend-du-jour spent too much time in my apartment.  But I
explained, It's a lot cheaped and a heck of a lot healthier then
drugs, so they accepted it.

Now, I'm not so obsessed, mainly because all the good record
stores are either gone or went to CD and they don't carry imports
as much as they used to, and bootleg CD's are much more expensive
then bootleg LP's.  But my friend's still expect me to pop in a
Kate CD whenever I get a chance.  In fact when I announced my
engagement the first question was "How much Kate will we have to
listen to at the reception?"  I told them the reception is 4 1/2
hours long and I have This Woman's Work, so it could be an all
Kate reception, but my fiance vetoed that. :)

As far as other alternative artist... I don't know.  Could
someone tell me the definition of 'Alternative Music', it seems
to have changed in the past few years, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and
Kate are all called Alternative, but are nothing alike.  It's
just too confusing.

Just another female fan,
	       Jennifer

'If I only could, I'd make a deal with God'