Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What/Where is this "tapetree"

From: am672@freenet.carleton.ca (David J. Zimmerly)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 04:37:38 GMT
Subject: Re: What/Where is this "tapetree"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca (Usenet News Admin)

In a previous article, bbaker@Novell.COM (Brad Baker) says:

>What is it?  A recording of some sort?
>Where is it? FTP?
>How is it played back?
>
>I hate feeling ignorant.
>
>Thanks,
>  -Bako-

Hmm, an interesting idea. Hey Chris, what do you think about uploading the
entire Lovehounds Collection as a Quicktime, Video-for-Windows or MPEG file?
What are we talking about, maybe a terabyte?  [BIG :)]

By my rough calculation, one might just stand a chance of completing the
download in time for Katemas NEXT year, but only if it was available on an
FTP site tonight and you were NOT connected by a silly modem. But Someday...

Just kidding, Bako. What we are really talking about is a four-hour video epic
largely handcrafted by Mr. Chris Williams himself. I'm sure you will hear
more about it momentarily, so I'll let the official purveyors take over...

By the way, all, I still don't have the Betacam tapes, but I DO have S-VHS
dub masters now (thanks to Tom Estes and Peter Manchester) and am
catching-up on the backlog right now. Thanks for all the support and
understanding.  Who would have thought that Canada would end-up looking
like a repressive regime re customs? Well, I for one - it's happened to me
before. It's what I get, I suppose, for liking an artist as 'subversive'
as Kate.

Waiting for the Mounties,

David

--

There's definitely, definitely, definitely no logic to human behaviour...

                                                           - Bjork