Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Passing thru air

From: giliath@utkvx.utcc.utk.edu
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 00:26:20 GMT
Subject: Re: Passing thru air
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (USENET News System)

In Article <1994Jul25.181230.28516@cs.rochester.edu>
simchik@cs.rochester.edu (Drew Simchik) writes:
>In article <9406257751.AA775147704@zdlmail.ziff.com>,
>Miller, Ben <bmiller@zdlmail.ziff.com> wrote:

>>I say - Amen!
>
>Blasphemers.  You will be sacrificed!
>
>Drew

Tori played here in Knoxville 23 July and I would say that it was a good
concert.  My only real problem with it was that she teased the audience a bit
to often with her tense and sexually loaded dramatic pauses.  After awhile one
just wants to hear a song from beginning to end without significant delays in
the music.  It's OK to vary the performance of a song; I just felt her pauses
were a bit overdone.  Oh, well, I'm first and foremost and forever a Kate fan
anyway.
Christopher Jack Nicholson                                    |\  |  /
giliath@utkvx.utk.edu                                         |  \|/
Senior in French and Religious Studies                        |  /|\
University of Tennessee, Knoxville                            |/  |  \

"I see myself suddenly on the piano,/As a melody."
                                 -Kate Bush, "Symphony in Blue"