Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

YWA/everybody's a critic

From: Brian J Dillard <dillardb@student.msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 17:12:49 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: YWA/everybody's a critic
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net (lovehounds)

the reason drewcifer launched out that SEEMINGLY unfounded opinion is probably
because the person who started the thread by asking about the song wasn't
around for our lengthy discussions a few months ago. everybody had debated the
heck out of the song's merits, most of them STATING REASONS, and nobody wanted
to rehash it all for somebody who hadn't been there. that said, i immediately
countered drewcifer this time around with an equally unfounded POSITIVE
response to YWA--and nobody got mad at me. so i guess the lesson is,
if you don't have something nice to say, back yourself up.

brian dillard,
who may not know what art is,
but who knows what he likes

can't we all just . . . . get along?