Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: tori song question

From: at895@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Kevin F. Holy)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 1994 16:05:51 -0400
Subject: Re: tori song question
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

I could have sworn this was the Kate Bush list, not Tori's.
(Tori's is rdt-request@gradient.cis.upenn.edu) It *really* would be best if
you ask over there. But since it was asked:

>a friend of mine made me a tape with Tori Amos' "Mary". I adore the song
>and am curious as to where it came from. I assume it is from one of the
>singles, but have yet to find it. Is it her own song? it sounds more like
>a remake, but who's song was it?

It's Tori's! Tori's "Mary" can be found on the UK disc of "Crucify",
featuring   Crucify (UK remix), Here. In My Head, Mary, and Crucify.
This UK regular Crucify disc can be found easily still if you ask around
the Tori List or if you even check out CD Connection or some place like
that, they probably have it.

>And istn't "even the wind cries your name" a jimi hendrix lyric?

Well, all I can remember is that it is at least a reference to Jimi's "The
Wind Cries Mary", she does love Jimi. (Cover of "If 6 Was 9" is on the
Cornflake Girl Limited Edition..dont try to get it, trust me. =)

-Kev

--
Kevin Holy - at895@cleveland.Freenet.Edu - liquidtv@aol.com - Ooo-hooo!
Kennedy: "Tonight's Naked Nation is brought to you by PARFUMS de COEUR