Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kudos to Dubber Band

From: Mike Mendelson <MJM@zylab.mhs.compuserve.com>
Date: 18 Jul 94 11:56:34 EDT
Subject: Kudos to Dubber Band
To: <Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net>

I would like to thank and congratulate PBM, CW, IED, CL, Uli, and
all the other people who brought the current dubbing project to life.
The quality *is* amazing.  And Chris, I love those graphics.
The Night Flight interview is the most penetrating one I've seen.
It stands in stark contrast to all the idiot-views that abound on these
tapes.  But I think it was in another decent interview on there that
Kate is asked something like "you've done the recording, you've
created a niche for yourself, you are a true original, what's next?
what's left?"  And she answers that Live Performance offers a chance
to create new things, to open up new interpretation, etc. etc.
I.e. she says the future lies in Live Performance.

If I were Bob Costas, and I was still doing Later, and somehow I got
Kate in that seat across from me for 30 minutes, I would snag that
footage and stuff it right back in her face now, more than 10 years
later.
I wonder what she would say...

-mjm