Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: So ... Did anyone see Kate on Beavis & Butthead last night?

From: giliath@UTKVX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 20:44:12 GMT
Subject: RE: So ... Did anyone see Kate on Beavis & Butthead last night?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (USENET News System)

In Article <benjamina-130794081853@3.47.38.13>
benjamina@cto.ge.com (Alan Benjamin) writes:
>Well, I thought it was strange to see Tori Amos on Beavis & Butthead a
>little while ago, but I never gave thought one of its implications: maybe
>Kate would be next. Last night, a new episode of B&B (second in this
>series) and sure enough, Kate was on it. For those who didn't see it, she
>was busted on fairly harshly.
>
>Take care,
>

>Alan
My SO heard a spot on our college radio station (WUTK) taken from that episode.
Unfortunately the visuals of course were not there and she isn't into Kate even
enough to know what song was in the background.  I still appreciate Beavis and
Butthead as an artistic examination of a specific subtype in American society
of which I have aquaintance, but it is still hard for me to separate the artist
from the characters in this particular instance of blasphemy  :)  .

Christopher Jack Nicholson                                    |\  |  /
giliath@utkvx.utk.edu                                         |  \|/
Senior in French and Religious Studies                        |  /|\
University of Tennessee, Knoxville                            |/  |  \

"I see myself suddenly on the piano,/As a melody."
                                 -Kate Bush, "Symphony in Blue"