Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Celtic Kate

From: bmiller@zdlmail.ziff.com (Miller, Ben)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 94 17:18:49 PST
Subject: Celtic Kate
To: uunet.uu.net!love-hounds
Encoding: 994 Text

Hi all,

I picked up Alan Stivell's album, AGAIN, which features Kate singing background
vocals and playing keybaords on track 10, KIMIAD.  I think its a small part, but
the vocals are unquestionably Kate. Del Palmer is credited as the recording
engineer on the track and Kate is credited as the producer.  John Giblin,
Charlie Morgan, and Alan Murphy also play on the track.

Overall, I think this is an enjoyable album, particularly for fans of Celtic or
New Age music.  In fact I would describe Stivell's songs as spacy Celtic.
Stivell plays harps and pipes and assorted other instruments while others
proivde the other instrumentation, as on Kate's track. Shane McGowan, late of
the Pogues sings on a few of them.  Most of the lyrics are in Gaelic.

The album is a French import on the Disques Dreyfus label and is currently
available at Tower Records in the San Francisco Bay area, at least.

TTFN,

Ben Miller
bmiller@zdlmail.zdlabs.ziff.com