Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Not_a_K8_related_question

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 14:03:48 GMT
Subject: Re: Not_a_K8_related_question
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cc.rochester.edu

In <QQwxqs06194.199407081133@relay2.UU.NET> mbuly@math.hr (Mirko Bulaja) writes:

>Can someone recognize any of following lyrics? Any guess/info VERY
>appreciated...

These all appear to be songs from Kristin Hersh's (ex-of Throwing Muses) new
solo album, _Hips_and_Makers_.

>Song #1:

>Some store; I'm not going back there any more
>I wandered in, don't think I'll do that again,

This may be called "Crazy," but I'm not sure.  It's definitely from HaM.

>Song #2:

>Bad cloud storms around my house,
>Does whatever it pleases;
>It teases me

This is also from HaM, and may be called "Bad Cloud," but again, I'm just
guessing on memory.  The line "this hairdo's truly evil" tipped me off.

>Song #3:

>Check up that lady,
>Check up that lady,
>Check up that lady,
>She's talking to herself,
>Check up that lady,
>Check up that lady,
>Check up that lady,
>She's gonna go to hell.

I have no idea on this one, but given that the other three are Kristin
Hersh/Throwing Muses, this probably is, too.

>Song #4:

>I think she's a pretty little fool,
>She holds me down, she flows.
>She has a back like Marie.
>I think he's a crazy bastard,
>Drives me home, he goes,
>You have a back like Marie
>You have pearls on your eyes,

This is a lovely song from Throwing Muses' _Red_Heaven_, called "Pearl".  No
question.

I'm suddenly in the mood to listen to the Muses, and I didn't bring any with
me.  :(  Can I ask how you come by four Muses/Hersh songs you don't know?
I ask merely out of curiosity.

Drewcifer
--
Andrew D. Simchik