Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest #10.176

From: Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 1994 10:22:47 -0800
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest #10.176
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

>In article <bauer-010794234918@tonto-slip3.cis.brown.edu>,
>bauer@marlowe.cog.brown.edu (Jennifer Bauer) writes:
>
>> I'm getting married at the end of August and the organist for the
>> ceremony said she'd be willing to adapt popular music to the
>> ceremony setting.  The DJ for the reception said he would play
>> any songs we want as long as we can supply them on tape of CD, if
>> he doesn't have them.

>This isn't a Kate Bush song, but I highly suggest Annie Lennox's Love
>Song for a Vampire.  It can be found as a B-side to Little Bird from
>Diva.  It can also be found on the soundtrack to Bram Strokers
>Dracula.
>
>Ken

Ooo!  That's creepy!  I just sung that at a wedding/commitment ceremony on
Saturday!  Honest!  We made an instrumental recording of it and arranged it
for three female voices and it was just terrific.

The couple met with us months before to select the music and we suggested
it to them.  They really liked it so we agreed to do it and then said we'd
change the name.  I mean who really wants Vampires associated with their
wedding?  But they refused!  So we sang _Lovesong for a Vampire_ at a
wedding.  It went over really well, but it wasn't the most traditional of
crowds.  Ken is right, however, the lyrics are beautiful, and the music is
very pretty.  We used it as the recessional. (the processional was the
theme from The Piano incase anyone's interested)

AndreA

Oops - sorry, I'm supposed to be in my cave today, aren't I?  :-)
---------
Strange party, this.  There's hundreds of people here but I can't see
anyone, nobody's talking and I keep getting handed these little notes.

Andrea Custy                                Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca
---------