Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: c

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 09:00:32 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: c
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

On Thu, 23 Jun 1994, Mikael Jakonen wrote:

> > > The question was: What is the meaning of life, the universe and
> > > everything.
> >
> > Nope. Wasn't that. That's 63.
>
> I remember Deep Thought said that the answer was 42, but the question
> was the key to the answer, and the question was NOT " What is the meaning
> of life, the universe and everything." but something else.
> But where did you get 63 from, I don't recall reading it.

Gosh, it's been so long I could be wrong. I'll take your word that it was
42. I do seem to qremember, however, that when Arthur finally found the
question, it didn't match the answer. It was "What is 6 times 9?" or
something like that.

In which case, 63 is the answer to the "Question of the Ages." A
completely different question. Again, the question is the key to the
answer. I think the question is "What is the square root of 4096?" ;-)

ObKate: I bet *Kate* already knew all of this!

scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us == Stuart Castergine                   ---
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people....       |/
To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave |\
them." -- George Mason, Virginia Ratification Convention, 1788