Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Picture Disk at Cheap Thrills

From: WAYNEPALMER@delphi.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 21:13:37 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Picture Disk at Cheap Thrills
To: Love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

>I was in a record store the other day (Cheap Thrills in New Brunswick, NJ,
>if anybodys keeping score) and found a CD with a weird HoL-era picture of
>Kate on on side saying, "Limited EditioInterview Picture Disc" and the
>cover of the "Rubberband Girl" single on the other.  There was no indication
>anywhere of who produced it or where it came from.  The clerk at the
>counter, who was clueless, was shocked to learn it wasn't an official
>release.

  I picked up this same CD about a year or two ago at the very same store in
New Brunswick. At that time they had a bunch of them and if I remember
right, I got a good price on it because I was with a friend who worked at
the time for the Rutger's U radio station, WRSU. The cover does look like it
was done by someone with absolutely no sense of design, although the
picture disc itself doesn't look too bad(just wish they would have chosen a
less ugly font for Kate's name). Don't know how widely available it was, but
it seemed to be in the collection of quite a few Kate fans in the greater
Central Jersey area...probably because a lot of us shopped at Cheap Thrills.
  I also received the Kate lithograph and Rubberband Girl CD set this past
Christmas. I really don't think anyone who has this really thinks it's
some rare collectors item(other than the fact that it is a 1000 press
run). It's just something interesting to have. Let's give Kate fans more
credit than that.