Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Eat the Music

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 14:55:00 +0000
Subject: Re: Eat the Music
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

>From: Andy Semple <mty027@cck.coventry.ac.uk>
>Subject: Eat The Music
>
>Can somebody tell me whether the following release is legitimate?
>
>Limited Collector's Edition for Eat The music containing US cd single and 8 by 10
>Portrait Lithograph signed and numbered by the artist.This one is 40/1000.It's
>comes in a sleeve with the lithograph reproduced and tied with a red ribbon.
>Andy Semple

I think there is a similar package being advertised for Rubberband Girl also.
A while back there were one or more for one of the singles of The Sensual World.

The singles are just the regular issue CD singles - I don't think they are
bootleg copies. They are simply repackaged with the lithograph. I don't
believe it is illegal to resell them in this way, so while they have nothing
directly to do with Kate or EMI both have already received the royalties
on the disc. Why they don't just sell the lithographs separately I don't know -
I guess they want you to think this is some utlra rare package.

Neil
--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk