Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Shirt Off My Back - it's ON!

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 94 11:44:34 PDT
Subject: The Shirt Off My Back - it's ON!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Yes, I have enough orders, so the OFFICIAL Love-hounds T-shirt is
GOING TO BE DONE!

Except for that, nothing is definate right now, but here's some
of the more likely variables:

Picture:  9" square b&w of Kate in fez-like pillbox hat (taken
from The Illustrated Bio).  Actually, most folks voted for the
9th Wave picture (in back of HOL), but I don't have a copy of
it large enough to blow up nicely (if someone does, PLEASE contact
me so I can use that!)  I DO have a postcard-size one, actually,
(from a postcard, not surprisingly), but whoever cropped it did a
real stupid job, so I'm not going to use it.

I'm going to try and get Hanes T-shirts (In my experience with T's,
they make one of the best.  Fruit Of The Loom stink!), probably white
unless I can get a good deal on light tan (any other color look bad
with the image)

Lettering:  centered, in a serif italic typeset (if at all possible):

Suspended in
rec.music.gaffa

(Suggested by several folks.  I like it.)

Price:  This I have NO idea, but probably $14.50 +/- $1.00 for the
shirt, ~$3.00 for postage, and $0.50 for good padded mailer, so we're
talking probably $18.00 for the whole shebang.

*** NOT ALL ORDERS ARE FILLED! *** So you STILL have time to order
one (or two or three).  If I get MORE than 48 orders, I'll try to
do another dozen (I assume that's the quantity batch it can be done
in).  E-mail me (steve.b@tqs.com or steevoh@aol.com) for yours!

This will be my LAST public announcement (I can hear the cheers now).
I MAY be advertising about the Green Card Lottery, however. :-)

- Stev0 AKA "Mr. T"