Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Mention

From: Stuart Myerburg <smyerbur@erasure-sl.cc.emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 May 94 22:22:20 -0500
Subject: Kate Mention
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

While picking up useless promo items at Comdex yesterday, I ended up with
a magazine called _Electronic Entertainment_.  Surprisingly, I opened

it up and there was a picture of Kate along with a little blurb.

Here's what it said:

Heard on the Internet:  Kate Bush
Internet surfers all over the world got to hear one of the songs from Kate
Bush's _The Red Shoes_ album weeks before it was released.  How?  As it

turned out, Kate had performed the number on a British television show, and
some enterprising fan in the UK recorded it, digitized it, and then posted it
on the Internet.  Eager fans from all over the world were able to download

the tune only minutes after it was posted.

Stuart
Stuart Myerburg                               labspm@emoryu1.cc.emory.edu

"There are a lot of hidden nerds.  I'm aware of the exciting man in Trent
The Nine Inch, but I can see the nerd in him, too." - Tori Amos