Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Musings

From: Suspended In Duct Tape <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 1994 22:25:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Musings
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

No, I'm not yet recovered from the Kon.  It was tons o' fun!  I do have a
few things to note:

<nit picking time>

The quiz question to which the answer was "Blow Away" was actually "In which
of Kate's songs are Bolan and Moony heading the show?"  I thought this question
was particularly well phrased, so it stuck in my head...  I'm afraid I was of
little to no help tthe Love-Hounds B team, alas, just as I was of little
help to the Love-Hounds team at the last Kon, but hey, it was fun. :)

Peter M., thanks much for your detailed report.  (In case anyone is wondering,
Peter Manchester also makes a wonderful and fascinating travel companion!)

Ah, IED is back... all is well with the world. :>  IED, your brilliant discourse
on the whole Prince-n-Kate thing reminded me of something I've been meaning to
note since the whole thing came up here.  Someone mentioned that they thought
it possible Prince actually played the guitar on "Big Stripey Lie", but please
allow me to point out that in more than one interview, most notably the Canadian
television interview that was screened at the Kon, KaTe has gone into great
detail about how her guitar involvement in that song came about, and how much
she enjoyed the experience.  KaTe has lied to the world in interviews plenty
of times in the past, but never has she lied in such detail over a span of
minutes!  I am 100% convinced that's really her wanking that guitar on "BSL",
and I, for one, hope she continues in that vein in the future.  "BSL" is one
of the major strokes of brillice on TRS, no doubt.

Ready to resume digging my foxhole now that the "which vocal of WH is better"
debate has once again reared its ugly head, I remain,

Meredith
meth@delphi.com