Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Del Interview/Some Hammersmith Questions

From: nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 20:32:54 GMT
Subject: Re: Del Interview/Some Hammersmith Questions
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edu (USENET News System)

In article <Pine.3.05.9405191535.A8383-b100000@atlas.cs.upei.ca>
fmcquarr@upei.ca (Fiona McQuarrie) writes:

>   Second, did Kate use any taped vocals in these shows (i.e. mouthing the
>   words to a prerecorded vocal track)?

No, the only prerecorded vocals were for Hammer Horror, but Kate
didn't move her lips for this -- she just danced to the prerecorded
track.  The concert program came with a note informing the audience
that Kate would not actually be singing this song.

> (Or were the vocals rerecorded later for the video?)

The soundtrack for the Hammersmith video was cleaned up somewhat.
Exactly how much, and how close live is to Mememorex in this case, I
do not know.